There is a chill in the air. The leaves are falling from the trees. The nights are darker. Perfect time to watch spooky films.
Here are my suggestions for 10 movies to watch in the month October
10. ALIEN (1979) An intergalactic cargo crew is awaken by a signal from another planet. What they find there and bring back will bring chills to you….
9. DRAG ME TO HELL (2009) Sam Raimi packs more punches in this film than his entire EVIL DEAD flick. Gypsies, tramps and curses from hell. Love it!
8. THE QUIET PLACE (2018) A family in a Post-Apocalyptic world where the key to survival is remain quiet. Silence isn’t golden, it is the only way to stay alive..
7. MARTIN (1976) George Romero’s vampire movie was a big influence when I was writing the BLOODLESS series (BLOODLESS, BLOODLUST and the upcoming BLOODLINE) with Jody LaGreca. Don’t watch this one alone.
6. THE EXORCIST (1973) The devil made me do it. ‘Nuff said.
5. PAN’S LABYRINTH (2006) Guillermo del Toro’s poetic and scary fairy tale.
4. THE BROOD (1978) David Cronenberg’s psychological nightmare. Some of the creepiest kids you’ll ever see on the silver screen…
(Night of the Living Dead)
3. NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD (1968) Romero again but a classic. The film that really started the zombie crazy. Still going strong after almost five decades… I interviewed John Russo, Kyra Schon and Russ Streiner in my book of interviews MODERN MYTHMAKERS
2. SILENT HILL (2006) I’ve never played the video game or even knew this was based on one. The movie is dark, surreal and creepy as hell. I’ve seen it many times and will see it many more …
1. HALLOWEEN (1978) John Carpenter’s boogey man movie. If you want to know more about the film, pick up my book MODERN MYTHMAKERS: 35 INTERVIEWS WITH HORROR AND SCIENCE FICTION WRITERS AND FILMMAKERS. Carpenter talks about the film…
The movie trailer for Halloween:
Post your thoughts on the films listed here. Add suggestions of movies you like as well. And please check out MODERN MYTHMAKERS: 35 INTERVIEWS WITH HORROR AND SCIENCE FICTION WRITERS AND FILMMAKERS. The links are at:
Trade paperback only